I was wondering

Any other posts...

Moderators: Programmer, WebWeaver, WillowsHeart

Frances Osborne
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

I was wondering

Post by Frances Osborne »

I was wondering if anyone would want to form an MSN Groups community of members here who would read for the public using the Orphalese Tarot Program and if this would have the permission of the Programmer. because I think this would be great advertising for the program. I prefer MSN Groups because I like their forum set up.

take care and blessings Frances
Dominatrix
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: I was wondering

Post by Dominatrix »

Um, dunno about other people, but as some users here will recall, we had an Orphalese Tarot Yahoo Group not so long ago and the experience was rather messy, even there was only one person guilty of that. IMHO, these groups die naturally after the excitement is gone (I know first hand, I participate in some related to other subjects), and even when it works, it only crowds your inbox with messages you don't need. Just my point of view, of course. Best.
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: I was wondering

Post by Programmer »

Hi Frances,

I have slightly mixed feelings about it personally. Mostly I think it is good because I like the idea of the word of mouth publicity that it might create, but I would be worried that if it went beyond just readings (into discussing how to use the program etc) then it could dilute from this forum. Obviously this should be the main resource that people go to for help with using the program (after the help file, of course), because it is always at hand.

As far as the set up of MSN goes, do you mean you like it in the sense that you can browse many forums while looking for the one that most attracts you, or is it because of the way messages etc are organised? If it is the latter I would rather make changes to this one so it matched what people really wanted (adding fancy message trees or whatever). Don't worry - I know there are some bugs and design flaws with this forum at the moment!

Anyway, if you want to set something up like that please go ahead - there are millions of people out there who have never heard of the Orphalese Tarot (gasp!), go spread the word!

Richard

Thomas H
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

MSN mess

Post by Thomas H »

I have tried MSN groups and got quite tired of it. Too messy and no point in most of what was going on in there. I do have respect for those who like using the MSN groups, but they become cluttered and confusing.

Best

Thomas
Frances Osborne
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: MSN mess

Hi Thomas

I know what you mean about MSN Groups becoming cluttered. It's the people that clutter them up with excessive graphics and cutesy animated gifs. I've run several MSN groups where I have totally banned gifs in posts because they drive me crazy. There are people who think that every other word should have smileys and gifs between them --- it's enough to cause a person epileptic seizures. And don't get me started on funky fonts & strange colors that give me migraines! I like running uncluttered MSN Groups. But mainly for me it's the way the messages are organized that keeps me there.

take care frances
Frances Osborne
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: Re: I was wondering

I like the way the messages themselves are organized. The forum messages are organized okay here, but I prefer the way MSN does its threading structure. I personally always think that threading can be improved!!! As for opening a group at MSN just for Orphalese, I would rather not do that unless people here were also interested in joining it. There doesn't seem to be interest, which is okay. so what I will do is mention that I use Orphalese and put a link to it at the MSN tarot site that I already do run.

take care Frances
bjalla

Re: Re: Re: I was wondering

Post by bjalla »

Hi Frances, I'm assuming the MSN group you wanted to form never got started? I recently joined a tarot yahoo group and it's just too insane for me. I love the discussion, etc., and all the in-depth exploration, but it's too overwhelming and time-consuming. I'd have to spend all my days with it. Pretty tempting, but alas life goes on. I'm pretty savvy at computer skills, and I still can't seem to figure out how to most easily take care of all the messages! It could put you into a relentless kind of anxiety/panic disorder.

Anyway, you mention a MSN tarot group you already run. Would you mind telling me what it is so I can come take a look?

thanks, and best....
pamela
Frances Osborne
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: Re: Re: Re: I was wondering

Pamela,

I run a MSN group called Spiritual Places. It's a tarot community that was started over the summer and is open to people of all walks of life, all spiritual paths. We do tarot, runes, astrology (some, beginner level since I am not very well acquainted with astrology), and I-Ching. I use Orphalese sometimes when I do a reading.

If you are worried about it being crazy over there, fear not. I like an orderly community and I've had a lot of experience running one. I ran a 600 member tarot/psychic group at MSN for about 4 years. I shut it down when it died a natural death by losing its feel of community. Shutting down that group made me sad and that's why I started this new one.

Here is the link
http://groups.msn.com/spiritualplaces/
I post as Fossie.

Also, when you get there, if you have ideas for the group, your ideas are very welcome. I'm more of a manager that likes things to run smoothly between people and less good about things like regular chat schedules.

Thanks and take care Frances