Can't Register after Downloading Update

Bug reports, feature suggestions etc...

Moderators: Programmer, WebWeaver, WillowsHeart

contemplativeTarot

Can't Register after Downloading Update

Post by contemplativeTarot »

I have been an Orphalese Tarot user for many years. This morning I noticed that I couldn't access the File Exchange and downloaded the current version (I was on 10.0.x). Now I cannot register and I cannot use the contact form to report the exception message I receive. It is:

Unable to connect to web service. The error message was:
An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid. Check InnerException for exception details.
StackTrace: at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
at TarotNamespace.net.orphalese.em.ProgramRegistration10CompletedEventArgs.get_Result()

The Contact Forms on the website are also not working (I'm guessing that is also related to web services being down).

I am planning to use Orphalese in an upcoming workshop and would like to get this resolved as soon as possible. Please help!
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: Can't Register after Downloading Update

Post by Programmer »

Hi CT, I am sorry that you and others have had this problem. I just migrated the program to a new server so it can use SSL (the more secure type of web address that starts with https). I overlooked that this would mean the online features of the program itself also need updating, so as of yesterday they all stopped working. I just uploaded a new version that should solve all these problems, it is version 10.3.3. One click upgrade link here: http://www.orphalese.net/downloads/clic ... pgrade.exe.
furrytarot

Post by furrytarot »

I came to the forum to ask about the deck exchange and saw this - so I installed the upgrade and still cannot get in to the file exchange....

But I used your download link - and am still on 10.3.3.1.
Last edited by furrytarot on Fri 01 May, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by Programmer »

Hi Furry, what happens when you try to get into the File Exchange, what is the message you get? Also, could you confirm what version you are using by opening the "About" information and seeing what version number it has there? Thanks.
furrytarot

Post by furrytarot »

Unable to collect to the remote server.
Version 10.3.3.1

I also tried the free upgrade link on there and....
Attachments
Image 1.png
Image 1.png (6.61 KiB) Viewed 6863 times
furrytarot

Post by furrytarot »

OK WAIT - I have installed it on my NEWER machine (been meaning to for ages) and it works fine now. I guess the other one is tired... THnaks.
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by Programmer »

OK, thanks for letting me know. It would be interested to know if any one else gets that error, I am still looking into what might might have caused it.
contemplativeTarot

Post by contemplativeTarot »

Thank you so much! I'm in.
furrytarot

Post by furrytarot »

I have a friend with the same problem but she hasn't got back to me yet. What Windows versions support the latest update - I've no idea what she's on but I do recall you told me once that XP was OVER for updates ?
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by Programmer »

Anything after XP should be OK. Having said that I don't know that the program definitely doesn't work on XP any more, it is just that Microsoft no longer support it so I can't make any guarantees about how the program will work on that platform.