foreign language cards interpretation

Help with any aspect of using the program that is not covered by the offical Help site at www.orphalesehelp.com.

Moderators: Programmer, purple_scorp

cryptojoker
Evaluation User
Evaluation User

foreign language cards interpretation

Post by cryptojoker »

Hello, I want to buy the full version of Orphalese, but I need to understgand if there is the possibility to show the meanings of the cards in portuguese. I mean i need to know if they are already translated and i just need to select them or if cards interpretations are not available in portuguese. Somebody can answer this question? thanks
WebWeaver
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: foreign language cards interpretation

Post by WebWeaver »

They would be in whatever language the person who set them up used. So there are some in other languages, but I believe most of them are in english. You could use google translate. I didn't see any in portuguese.
Shari
aka WebWeaver
Let's Talk Tarot
purple_scorp
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by purple_scorp »

Hmm, perhaps Richard, you should include a language field/column in The Deck Exchange (and Notes Exchange) that can be filtered/sorted. I was thinking it would also be good to be able to sort by Deck Creator as in the person that created the Deck, not the person that uploaded it.
WebWeaver
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by WebWeaver »

purple_scorp wrote:Hmm, perhaps Richard, you should include a language field/column in The Deck Exchange (and Notes Exchange) that can be filtered/sorted. I was thinking it would also be good to be able to sort by Deck Creator as in the person that created the Deck, not the person that uploaded it.
You can currently do this in the notes exchange, sort by language or only show a specific language. The deck exchange doesn't always include the notes, and as it's for the deck the language indicator would need to be based on the deck, not the notes. That could imho get confusing. I seem to remember decks that are Spanish, but the notes are in English.

I would suggest that those who use the program and translate the notes share them back with the community via the Notes Exchange and help the next person out. Curious if Google does a good job with that or not :)
Shari
aka WebWeaver
Let's Talk Tarot
purple_scorp
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by purple_scorp »

There are not that many Notes in the Notes Exchange and it is separate from the notes that are attached to the Decks themselves. It would be good if all of the Notes attached to the Decks could also be found in the Notes Exchange. It would only take for an additional field to be added to the upload screen (eg Notes Language) and then for that to be a sortable field. I think there are a few small things that would improve the Exchange utility. I will write them up as an enhancement suggestion.