copyright infringement and broadcasting

Any other posts...

Moderators: Programmer, WebWeaver, WillowsHeart

Althea Day

copyright infringement and broadcasting

Post by Althea Day »

What are the rules about using Orphalese Tarot and its interpretations when broadcasting over the Internet? I can read without most of the interpretations, and have written some myself, but some of them are awesome and I would like to be able to use them. :$
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: copyright infringement and broadcasting

Post by Programmer »

I think the general rule is that you should not post anything that you get via Orphalese (or anywhere else for that matter) in a public place such as a website unless you specifically have permission from the deck creator/publisher. Unless you are sure you should assume that there is probably some copyright and it is better to be safe than sorry.

On the other hand when you are sharing a one to one connection to give someone a reading over Skype etc. then my take is that it is really a private thing, like giving someone a reading in your own kitchen. If you like the deck and the card meanings then I am guessing you probably own a physical copy anyway and if the person you are reading for likes it too then they are very likely to go out and buy it themselves. I can't really see anyone minding that.