Incapable to downlaod any spread

Enquiries and discussion about spreads...

Moderators: Programmer, WebWeaver, WillowsHeart

Nothingness
Evaluation User
Evaluation User

Incapable to downlaod any spread

Post by Nothingness »

Good thing I still had a few spreads on my hard disk I had downloaded some years ago from the website because I'm incapable to download any spread in the application. It keeps telling me "Input string was not in a correct format". Alas, the spreads are not downloadable on the website anymore like it used to be so I'm stucked with just a few spreads. I have no issue downloading decks though.
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: Incapable to downlaod any spread

Post by Programmer »

Hi Nothingness,

Sorry to hear you are having this problem. What version of the program are you using? I tried to recreate the error you are getting and couldn't. Were you using any filters for the search (number of cards or name)?

Cheers,
Richard
Nothingness
Evaluation User
Evaluation User

Post by Nothingness »

I'm using the latest release: 8.7.2.4, Tarot of Dreams package. I'm not using any filters at all for the search. So each time I select a spread and click on Show Selected, I get the message "Input string was not in a correct format". Alas your spreads are not downloadable on your website anymore.
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by Programmer »

I haven't had much luck reproducing this error either, but one thing I did try was to change my language and regional settings from English to one which uses the comma as a decimal place separator, and then I did get some errors opening the spreads (the position of the cards is stored as a percentage of the screen width and height, so this would give the wrong result if the decimal point was being interpreted as a thousand separator). It wasn't the same error as you were getting though.

If your regional settings use a different decimal place marker maybe you could try changing this and looking at the spreads again, to see if this makes any difference?
Maggie Ross(1)

Post by Maggie Ross(1) »

Hi. I've just downloaded and registered the product. I can download decks just fine but can't figure out how to download spreads. I go through the program to the web site, click spreads and get a list - but no instructions on downloading. If I click a spread, I just get an image/description page - but again, no indication how to download. I'm using Windows 7.
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by Programmer »

Hi Maggie,

It is on that second window you mentioned, the one that shows the image and the spread notes. You just need to click the "Add to My Spreads" button underneath the image.

Cheers,
Richard
Maggie Ross(1)

Post by Maggie Ross(1) »

Hi Richard. When I open the second page (with spread image and descriptions) there is no button for "add to my spreads". I'm using Firefox and have tried in Explorer but with the same result.
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by Programmer »

OK, it seems I misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about the program itself, but I can see now that you meant the website.

On the website you can view spreads for information, but if you want to save and use them you need to do it from within the program, by choosing My Spreads >> Upload or Download a Spread off the main menu. If you do that you will find the button I was talking about.

There is one known issue with downloading spreads in the program, which was discussed earlier on this thread. This affects users whose regional settings are configured to use a comma as a decimal place marker, and it stops them from being able to save the spread. This has been fixed in the 8.8 beta candidate which is also available for download from the bottom of the downloads page.

Cheers
Richard
Maggie Ross(1)

Post by Maggie Ross(1) »

Thanks Richard. Got it!! Works fine. Maggie
Yora Tehupuring

Post by Yora Tehupuring »

an error prevented you from connecting

I keep getting this when trying to download a spread! T_T