Upload your spreads

Enquiries and discussion about spreads...

Moderators: Programmer, WebWeaver, WillowsHeart

Erin
Evaluation User
Evaluation User

Upload your spreads

Post by Erin »

Okay, there used to be something like 300 or more spreads available. Now there's not even 20.

Please, upload your spreads.
WebWeaver
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: Upload your spreads

Post by WebWeaver »

Hey Erin, I'm finally all set back up and am getting back into using Orphalese, I'll do my best to dig out some spreads to add. I just added a simple 3 card spread for Spring, or whenever you want to bloom something into your life. <:o)
Shari
aka WebWeaver
Let's Talk Tarot
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: Upload your spreads

Post by Programmer »

Guess what? I thought all those spreads had been lost for good in one of the less well handled server migrations the program has seen, but I was going through some old hard drives and I found a back up of an old directory with around a couple of hundred spreads. A lot of them were in German. There was a user called Rose who was very active in uploading spreads a few years ago and I think most of them were hers. This prompted me to make sure that in the new version of the program you can specify a language when you search for spreads or when you upload them. Now that is in place I have uploaded all the spreads in that directory with their correct languages. Unfortunately I haven't been able to credit the original uploaders as that bit of data would have been stored in the database not in the file itself so they all say "Programmer" as the uploader. Also there is a small problem in that some of these spreads have an older format for saving the card position information. The first time the spread is dealt they should upgrade to the newer format and look OK, but they might not display correctly in the Spread Wizard if they are opened there before that.