upgrading newer version

Help with any aspect of using the program that is not covered by the offical Help site at www.orphalesehelp.com.

Moderators: Programmer, purple_scorp

bjalla

upgrading newer version

Post by bjalla »

I know this is explained in the Help area, so please forgive me for asking here. I just don't want to get it wrong and lose files I've gathered for a long time. I'm a bit confused about the process.

I have Orphalese 9.4.1.9. I'm told I need a newer version when I open it. It's been awhile.

I copied (didn't cut) Documents/OrphaleseTarot to my desktop to save it externally. Is this all I need to do before I download and install the newest version?

After I download and install newest version I go to options menu or all will be as it was? If not, what next?

Thank you so much for your help!

Bless,
Pamela
WebWeaver
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: upgrading newer version

Post by WebWeaver »

Hi Pamela, yes it's always a good idea to save the folder somewhere as a backup, however it shouldn't be needed. Once you've copied or made the backup just download and install the update. Everything should be fine and you can just continue, and if you don't want to keep the other copy go ahead and delete it.

You shouldn't really have to do anything else. If you do run into trouble, just come back and let us know.
Shari
aka WebWeaver
Let's Talk Tarot