The program opens a new Deck when i use short cuts!

Help with any aspect of using the program that is not covered by the offical Help site at www.orphalesehelp.com.

Moderators: Programmer, purple_scorp

kieran
Evaluation User
Evaluation User

The program opens a new Deck when i use short cuts!

Post by kieran »

Please can anyone tell me how i can stop the program from opening this new deck when i use the shortcuts for spreads. I am talking about the Ctrl Alt + 0 -9 which opens my preset spreads.

So just to fully explain my method, I first open the program and there is one deck there i can see, i then use the shortcut mentioned above and the program opens what seems to be a redundant deck because the first deck is the one that is active and auto shuffling because i have it set to do so. The new deck is just there it does nothing. Please help me get rid of this because its confusing and quite annoying given my perfectionism and all that lol. (H) (H)
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: The program opens a new Deck when i use short cuts!

Post by Programmer »

Hi Kieran, what exactly do you have associated with that particular number slot (it could be a deck, or a spread, or both)? If it's a spread, are you sure it only uses one deck?
kieran
Evaluation User
Evaluation User

Post by kieran »

Yes it is a deck and a spread.

I have found a work around BUT have no idea why it opens this new deck.

The work around i worked out for this is that when i first open the program i right click the deck and set it to the same deck as i have set in my short cut mentioned earlier. Then when i use the short cut the program does not open a new deck it just uses the one already open. I do have this deck set as default and if i don't choose it and just draw a card the program will put out a card from this very same deck which suggests that my deck is open although it glitches to open a new deck if i use the short cut straight away.

I hope you can understand what i am talking about lol...
kieran
Evaluation User
Evaluation User

Post by kieran »

PS: I love this program it is awesome and i tell everyone to get it... I could not do my job without it either...
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by Programmer »

Glad you are finding the program useful!

It would be best if I could replicate the problem here. Is the spread set to use a specific deck or just what is open (in which case it would say "Use Current" in the decks list at the bottom left of the spread list)? Is it always the same extra unwanted deck that appears? And if so is that either the deck in the spread, or the deck in the shortcut key combination, or an entirely different random deck?
kieran
Evaluation User
Evaluation User

Post by kieran »

Yes the deck is the same.

I will try explain better right from the start i man have got it wrong i now know the method which causes the issue.
(to do this you will need to set 2 shortcut options that use the same deck but 2 different spreads i use Ctrl + Alt 0 and Ctrl + Alt 1. Default deck in the options is the same as the short cut deck as well)

1. Open the program
2. Press Ctrl + Alt 0 (Mine is set to auto shuffle so it begins to shuffle, then i click the shuffling deck once it then drops the spread)
3. Press Ctrl G (to gather the cards)
4. (NOW THE PROBLEM) Press Ctrl + Alt 1
5. The second deck appears on my screen but the first deck is shuffling so i click it and it drops the spread i requested
6. The only thing i can think of is that maybe the deck sizes on the spreads are different so it opens this other deck BUT the program does not use it at all
7. The odd deck will disappear again if i gather and use another spread short cut but its a strange glitch.

I have run this in different orders and it is the Ctrl + Alt 1 spread only where the issue occurs

I hope this shows you what i mean...
kieran
Evaluation User
Evaluation User

Post by kieran »

I think i have found the problem myself sorry if i wasted your time.

I had a look at my Spreads in the Spread editor. I could see that in the selected deck box for the short cut spreads i was using that had the extra deck opening up it said above Mythic Tarot Deck USE CURRENT. So in effect the shortcut then was putting out 2 decks and one being redundant. I have now rectified this and made sure there is only one deck in this particular box and it has done the trick.

PS> My Bad...
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by Programmer »

Cool! Glad you found the problem. If you just want to use the current deck then the answer is to choose "Use Current" and not have anything else in the list, or if you want to use a specific deck you can do that but you need to get rid of the "Use Current" option from the list. I suspect that most people just use one deck for their spreads most of the time, but I know for a fact there are some people who use two or more decks in their spreads all the time, or they use fragments such as the majors from one deck and the court cards from another etc. Anyway, hopefully anyone else who has this issue will find their way to this thread.
kieran
Evaluation User
Evaluation User

Post by kieran »

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)