Moderators: Programmer, WebWeaver, WillowsHeart

MysticEast
Evaluation User
Evaluation User

Re: Version 10.1

Post by MysticEast »

Hi again,
a break often helps with new ideas!

I've been thinking (while out shopping) that there is a similarity between this issue and another issue I've highlighted, and which is also yet without resolution - the gathering of cards.

This USED to work either on the Card Deck OR on any of the Cards which had been drawn or spread. NOW Gather, or Gather all, or Gather all and close all decks, ONLY work when the mouse focus is on the Card Deck.

The fact that both involve a mouse focus action and either another mouse event (scroll or right click) or a keyboard command, PLUS the fact that both seem to have PART of the mouse activity WORKING but another part NOT working, made me think that there might be a common cause...

What I'm thinking - again a "gut feeling" - is that perhaps some parts of the mouse actions are "calling" on the mouse in one way while other mouse actions (or combinations of mouse activity with other mouse activity or keyboard) are "calling" on the mouse in a DIFFERENT WAY?????

If so my Logitech Mouse may be entirely innocent!!

Hope this helps!
Regards
MysticEast

P.S. - I still claim this as "Doggie Inspiration" because when I came back from shopping I gave them a treat (as always!)
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by Programmer »

It is an interesting theory but unfortunately I can only test it if I could repeat the issue on my own computer. For me all these Gather Card options seem to be working, either as menu choices or as keyboard shortcuts. I just uploaded a new version (10.1.1.7) which fixes a memory leak that was slowing the program down when lots of cards have been dealt and collected in the same session. Knowing how you like to push the program to its limits I think you should definitely get this upgrade, although I also think it is a bit of a long shot that it would have anything to do with this issue.

BTW I didn't get time to work on the scrolling thing yet. I have a few days off at the start of December so I hoping to take a look at it then.

Cheers.
MysticEast
Evaluation User
Evaluation User

No Scrolling still 10.1.1.7

Post by MysticEast »

Hi Richard,
I've upgraded to the newest version 10.1.1.7 and have noticed no change...

Just another little detail, just in case it helps you to find this bug. I noticed in a deck that has notes short enough not to need scrolling, that at the end of the "Upright Notes" there was appended the Title of the Card again, as if it was going to add the "Reversed Notes". The Deck is set NOT to use Reversed Cards!

I had previously noted that it was doing this in the Save Readings Dialogue - which you fixed.

The problem with the scrolling of the notes seems - as far as I can remember - to go back to the time when this other fault appeared. All at around the time you introduced the Separate Card Titles in the Card Notes. I'm thinking that it must be related.

I hope this observation helps to find it!

Regards
MysticEast
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by Programmer »

It doesn't suggest anything to me right away, the problem is that on the only machines I use the program on (admittedly that is only two) the note scrolling works fine. As soon as I can replicate the problem I will be able to fix it. I know sometimes that the mouse scroll icon appears when it is not actually necessary, in that case the notes won't scroll because everything is in view anyway. But you are talking about a situation where you know that there are notes but you still can't bring them into view, right?

It would be really helpful to know if anyone else was having this issue. Have you tried it on more than one computer?
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by Programmer »

Just to say I uploaded a new version (10.1.2.2) which might help with the mouse scrolling. I am fairly confident that this could fix the issue for some users who have reported it. Not sure how it will play out with your Logitech mouse wheel thing though but it would be interesting to see.
virginialuther12
Evaluation User
Evaluation User

Post by virginialuther12 »

Thanks