Hi Everyone!!!!

Discussion about the Forum itself and other issues affecting users...

Moderators: Programmer, WebWeaver, WillowsHeart

Marvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Hi Everyone!!!!

Post by Marvin »

It's Me.....

I know, most of you don't know me (now, or anymore!) Just look at the deck exchange, or ask any of the many people who have one of my decks.......

I finally got an windows XP system, and have many questions. Like: 01) How do you download decks? or 02) How do you download spread files? and 01) What's happened while I was "Lost in Win 98 land..."

And yes, I'm still making decks......

Take Care,

Marvin
WebWeaver
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: Hi Everyone!!!!

Post by WebWeaver »

Hey Marvin! Glad you're finally outta 98 land <:o)
To get to the decks from the menu select P2P File Exchange.
For spreads from the menu goto My Spreads > Upload or Download a Spread.

Welcome to the land of XP and above :-)
Shari
aka WebWeaver
Let's Talk Tarot
Marvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by Marvin »

Hi Shari,

The problem is that I can't find any buttons on either to do the downloads.

I can upload, just not download......

Til Later,

Marvin
hermit
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by hermit »

Hi Marvin,
After you select "P2P File Exchange", you should see a window with a text input line upper left, a binoculars button, and then some other buttons to the right. If you can upload, you've already found the buttons to the right. So just click the binoculars button, and that will connect you to the server and show you what's available.

Then click any of the "eye" icons you see in the lists and it will preview a card from the deck and comments if any. The download button ("request deck") will be on that window.
Marvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by Marvin »

Hi Again,

I see an image of the card, a gray triangle, and a place to make comments. No "request deck button". I've tried to make comments, and it will not save the comments, etc....

I've pressed the triangle, with no results.....

Sorry for being such a pain.......

Thanks to All,

Marvin
hermit
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by hermit »

Not a pain; clarity is good. The "request deck" button is at the left of the "add comment" input area. Since you've reached that window okay, I don't know what else to suggest, because if it's there at all, it should be pretty obvious.

I suppose a good question might be which version of Orphalese are you running? I think the most recent is 8.7 or 8.8.

And then...I think you might have to wait for Richard to find this thread. One way or another, you'll get connected, though. Just have patience. :)
Marvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by Marvin »

Hello Again,

I'm running 8.8. I'm going to finish downloading "everything else", and installing it. That should give Richard the time he needs to get to it. "Everything else"? To afford a XP system, I set a new record for "bare bones"......... Yes, I'm still downloading, buying, etc. and installing..........For the last four-five days it's been updating XP........

I just got all of my art programs installed, now I have to find the card parts, etc... so that I can resume making decks of cards..... any ideas are greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Sometime today, I'll upload the runic decks that I've been making for everyone to look at / test drive.....

Thanks to All!!!!!

Later,

Marvin
hermit
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by hermit »

I noticed you uploaded a few. Any luck on downloading?
Marvin
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by Marvin »

Hi,

I can download decks, but cannot download card meanings, or spreads. I can upload spreads, I just can't download them....... I'm discussing it with Richard to see what can be done.....

Thanks,

Marvin
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by Programmer »

Hi Marvin,

Did you make any more progress with the Card Notes and Spreads? Both options are in the program itself now, not on the website.

For spreads it is Main Menu >> My Spreads >> Upload or Download a Spread.

For card notes it is Main Menu >> Pop-up Notes >> Upload or Download Pop-up notes.

Cheers,
Richard